Xenia is an Ancient Greek word meaning hospitality, love and respect between hosts and guests. It recognises and celebrates difference, encouraging people from different places to learn from one another’s cultures.
To us, Xenia is a community of women who welcome, listen, learn, support and share. The values below have been decided by Xenia women throughout workshops together:
- We welcome all women
- We value everyone’s experiences and knowledge
- We take time to listen and understand
- We all have something to teach
- We all have something to learn
Our model means that participants learning English will be paired up with English-speaking women, taking part in the workshop together to jointly navigate language, activities and stories. Any woman can take part in Xenia, simple by attending one of our workshops. We welcome all women, including:
- Migrant, refugee, asylum-seeking and British women
- Trans and cisgender women, and non-binary people
- Speakers and learners of all languages, including English
- Disabled women and women of all abilities
- LGBTQ+ women and straight women
- Mothers, who are welcome to bring their children
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about the accessibility of our workshops.